Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Color me RED

Well, I embarrassed myself....... again! Allow me to share: It was a cool, breezy day and Kara wanted to go to the park. So we get in the car and head in that direction. Since it was such a nice day, not too hot, I rolled down all the windows. Then a song came on the radio that Kara likes and she asked me to turn it up. So I turned it up, but not too loud. As I'm casually driving down Avenue K we are approaching a stop sign. About that time, I smelled the aroma of someone cooking out. Then I said, (rather loudly, in my annoying baby talk that I always use that gets on everyone's nerves...... and she's almost 4!) "Mmmmm, Kara! Somebody's cooking out! Doesn't that smell YUMMY???" We're at the stop sign now, and I hesitantly look to my right. And there, not more than 15 feet away in his front yard, and definitely within earshot, is a man with a big smile on his face standing at his barbecue grill cooking out. I was mortified! He heard me! There is no way he didn't hear that. So I sunk down in my seat a little, and kindly went on my way. When we got to the park, I sat there for a minute and just laughed and laughed and laughed. Kara said, "What's so funny, Mama?" "Oh, nothing", I said. Then we got out and played.

I wonder how I will humiliate myself next.....


Barbecuing

3 comments: